The only thing better than a classic lasagna is a lasagna with hidden veggies 🙂 As a mom of two, I am constantly thinking of new ways to make our family dinners delicious and healthy for my two kids. Sometimes I give them vegetables as is so they are used to seeing them in their original form, and other times I make dishes with veggies mixed so they don’t even know they are in there.
I grew up eating lasagna. I actually called my mom for this recipe because I love the way she makes it. Then I added onion, zucchini and mushrooms to the sauce and meat mixture, and since they are so tender they mix right in. You can’t even taste them!
Rubbermaid’s new DuraLite™ bakeware line is the perfect dish for this lasagna! It’s the toughest yet lightest bakeware because it’s break and chip resistant. It’s made from a revolutionary type of glass material that is both oven and broiler safe up to 550F degrees (compared to 450F tolerance from other glass bakeware sets).
The best part is you can bake, serve and reheat right from the same dish. It comes with a cover for easy transport (did I mention it’s lightweight!), as well as in a variety of shapes and sizes. Available at Target!
Recipe for this Hidden Veggie Lasagna below!
Hidden Veggie Lasagna
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 1 package of ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup of chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup of diced zucchini (diced small)
- 2 24 oz jars of sauce
- 16oz of ricotta
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large pan and saute the onion, mushrooms and zucchini until tender
- Add in the ground beef and cook through
- Pour in 1 ½ jars of sauce and bring to a simmer
- Pour one cup of sauce on the bottom of your 9×13 Duralite baking dish
- Layer 5 lasagna noodles
- Add 1 cup of sauce mixture and spread on top
- Add ½ cup of ricotta and spread
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- Repeat with another layer of noodles, sauce, ricotta and parmesan
- Add the third layer of noodles and top with sauce
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 375F
- Take the foil off and bake for 5 more minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes
Spinach for Breakfast https://www.spinach4breakfast.com/
This recipe is in partnership with Rubbermaid.
#Hidden #Veggie #Lasagna #Spinach #Breakfast